الأربعاء، 11 سبتمبر|
Artevelde University of Applied Sciences
17th European Arts Therapies Conference
Singing about the dark times Creation and Resistance in the arts therapies
Time & Location
11 سبتمبر 2024، 5:00 م غرينتش+2 – 14 سبتمبر 2024، 5:00 م غرينتش+2
Artevelde University of Applied Sciences, Hoogpoort 15, 9000 Gent, Belgium
About The Event
Seventeenth European Arts Therapies Conference
September 11th -14th 2024
Artevelde University of Applied Sciences, Ghent, Belgium
The Conference Directors invite you to submit proposals for papers, workshops, panel discussion, performances, and posters on the conference theme.
The programme will offer the following pathways:
Dance Movement Therapy
Education in the Arts Therapies
We will welcome your proposals until 20th October 2023
The selection processes will take place during November and December 2023
Late submissions cannot be considered by the Scientific Committee. Conference Title
Singing about the dark times – Creation and Resistance in the arts therapies
Zingen over donkere tijden: creatie en verzet in creatieve therapie
Chanter les temps sombres:création et résistance dans les arts thérapies
Presenters and workshop facilitators should avoid the repetition of work already presented at an ECArTE conference. We are seeking new and innovative proposals, which respond to the theme.
Normally, sessions will adhere to the following timings and structures
- PAPER SESSIONS Paper presentations: 30 minutes Each paper presentation will be followed by a 15 minute Question and Answer period
- WORKSHOPS: 2 HOURS A workshop session should explore an element or aspect of the theme of the conference. It should be experiential and not include lengthy spoken introductions and commentaries. (Please note there is no provision for IT and PowerPoint equipment in the workshop rooms).
- POSTER PRESENTATION SESSIONS Abstracts for e-posters and paper posters are welcome. Presenters will be required to bring with them posters ready for display or electronic presentation. A session will be within the programme, when poster presenters will be available to answer questions and to discuss ideas arising from the content of their posters.
- PERFORMANCES Performances should be no more than 30 minutes in length. Please note that the conference centre can provide only minimal technical equipment to support your performance.
- PANELS Panels will normally be 90 minutes and consist of 4-6 members, each of whom will prepare an initial statement on the selected topic
Conference Registration Fees
Conference presenters are required to pay their fees by 1 June 2024.
See the Conference Fees page for details of the fees.
Call for Papers Enquiries All enquiries about a submission to The Conference Office email address or send us a message (click below).